My surgery is scheduled. November 22nd.
- It truly doesn’t seem far enough away.
- They added on extra to what was initially planned, which has wrecked my psyche a bit.
- I hate hate hate surgery.
- And doctors
- My surgeon is a guy. I am more uncomfortable with male doctors than anything.
- Due to my precarious health, this surgery is going to have to be in a hospital, even though it’s normally an outpatient procedure.
- I hate hospitals
- It’s going to be a long recovery time: 10+ days.
- Though I finally got through all the red tape to get off work without getting fired (my company is too small to qualify for FMLA or short-term disability), it’s going to be pretty much entirely unpaid leave. So I have to eat that financial hit.
- In addition, I have to pay for surgery (my insurance won’t pay even 50%- more like 30%)
I suppose there are pros. Maybe.
Army has said he’s going to figure out how to be off work. That’s nice. All my friends are talking about bringing me ice cream and jello. Also nice. This surgery should not only solve my high blood pressure, but also possibly my migraines. That would be most excellent.
But I’m mostly just terrified.
November 22nd is not far enough away.