Edit: The answer key is now available at the bottom!
(a regular post will come eventually- I promise. Just been so so busy!)
This is the trivia sheet I compiled for the office- thought it might be enjoyable for you guys. I know you have the gift of Google to easily find these answer but…it could be fun to try without 😛
Halloween Trivia – 2012!
1. The Jack o’ Lantern originates from what country?
a.) South America
2. What was the first wrapped candy?
a.) Tootsie roll
b.) Hershey bar
3. Who was the Peanut’s character who waited for the Great Pumpkin?
b.) Charlie Brown
4. Where does the idea of Halloween originate from?
a.) Celtic New Year
b.) South American Day of the Dead
c.) Catholic All Saints Day
d.) The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
5. What phobia do you suffer from is you have an intense fear of Halloween
6. What year was the first citywide Halloween celebration?
7. What percentage of pet owners dress up their pets?
8. Halloween candy averages how much annually?
a.) 1 million
b.) 2 billion
c.) 100 thousand
d.) 8 billion
9. How many different colored M&Ms exist?
10. If you see a spider on Halloween, what does this signify?
a.) a demon in disguise
b.) a loved one watching over you
c.) a witch trying to curse you
d.) an omen that you’ll die soon
11. How many licks (on average) does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
12. What percentage of parents sneak candy from their kids haul?
13. The act of trick-or-treating originates from what holiday?
a.) All Souls’ Day- a Catholic holiday
b.) Samhain- a Celtic holiday
c.) Day of the Dead-a Mexican holiday
d.) Saternalia- a Roman holiday
14. What national crisis officially halted trick-or-treating for almost a decade?
a.) the Cold War
b.) World War II
c.) The Great Depression
d.) World War I
15. Why do black cats have such a bad rep on Halloween?
a.) they were thought to be witch’s helpers in disguise
b.) they predicted your death
c.) they would lead ghosts and ghouls around town
d.) they would steal the souls of children
16. What movie got an Oscar for best actor, despite him only being on screen for a mere 16 minutes altogether?
a.) Fredric March in “Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde”
b.) William Hurt in “Kiss of the Spider Woman”
c.) Anthony Hopkins in “The Silence of the Lambs”
d.) Kevin Spacey in “American Beauty”
17. What substance was used for blood in the original 1960 “Psycho”?
a.) chocolate syrup
b.) corn syrup with red dye
c.) store-bought fake blood
d.) pig’s blood
18. By what name was the famous sci-fi horror movie “Alien” almost called?
a.) It Bursts From Your Stomach
b.) Star Beast
c.) Terror in Space
d.) Frightening Foe
19. Who is the scary movie character who kills people in their dreams?
a.) Michael Myers
b.) Jason Voorhees
c.) Freddy Krueger
d.) Hannibal Lecter
20. What is the name of the killer clown in the movie “It”?
1.) b, 2.) a, 3.) d, 4.) a, 5.) d, 6.) b, 7.) a, 8.) b, 9.) c, 10.) b, 11.) b, 12.) d, 13.) a, 14.) b, 15.) a, 16.) c, 17.) a, 18.) b, 19.) c, 20.) a
How’d you do?